Northeast Ohio girl collects crayons for hospital (Newsnet5.com)
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
A Northeast Ohio girl is getting a lot of attention for shining a light on a problem at a local hospital. It started off as a simple wish. But has now grown into a full-blown campaign.
Ella Rose Tyron started the The "Color Me a Rainbow" crayon donation campaign started in July. She was sick and was at Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital and just wanted to color a rainbow, but found that the crayons were "worn down and dirty."
That's when her campaign to collect crayons began. Her first goal was to collect 1,000 boxes by Christmas but in two weeks she ended up getting 5,000. Her goal is now 10,000.
The Willoughby Fire Department and other fire departments in the area are working to help her with her goal. See a full list below:
- Willoughby Fire Department, 3700 Euclid Avenue
- Willoughby Hills Fire, 35405 Chardon Road
- Mentor on the Lake Fire Department, 5860 Andrew Road
- Mentor Fire Department, Station 5
- Euclid Fire Department, East 222nd Street
- Hambden Fire Department, 9867 Old State Road
- Montville Fire Department - Geauga County, 9755 Madison Road
- Chardon ATA Karate for Kids, 520 5th Avenue, Chardon
- Mentor East ATA Karate for Kids, 7877 Mentor Avenue, Mentor
- Avon Lake ATA Karate for Kids, 377 Lear Road, Avon Lake
- Leroy Fire Deparment, 13028 Leroy Center Road
- St. Anthony's Catholic Church, Fairport, Ohio
- Jackson Grey Jewelers, 516 East Washington Street, Chagrin Falls
- Painesville Township Fire Department, all locations